Tristan's First Track Meet

Fun in the sun and a little sunburn as well. All the kids had a great time on the track. This was our first experience with track with our children.. It did bring back memories of track when I was younger. I just told Tristan a story about the time I was running the 400 meter. I had no experience with pacing myself.. I should of stuck to sprints, but as it happened I took off like a rocket only to find myself loosing steam half way around the track. I remember being so far ahead and then suddenly feeling so defeated as Jennifer H beat me to the finish.

I tell Tristan this was a lesson in pacing myself. So here I sit 25 years later on the same field and bleachers. I tell Tristan, "Have fun that's all that matters." But then who do I see on the field, but Jennifer H. Now a mom herself and coach for her offspring...

It brings a little smile to my face and the little competitive side of me wanting to yell out, Oh Hi remember me. The skinny long legged kid you beat. How about another chance at the 400?

Twenty five years or more have passed, and I am far from the skinny long legged kid I was. I would like to think by now that I have learned to pace myself.... And given the chance to run it again. I think this time I could probably win.




Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Sails are Flying and Fresh Fish Dinner

Home Again!

Season of Change