Sept 6 2009

35.20 North 127.25 West

399 Miles to go....

The Boys still have great wind and are doing about 10 knots in 16-18 knots of wind. Thor says that if they can maintain a average of 6.7 knots they could arrive in Santa Barbara on Tuesday afternoon... YES We can't wait....

The kids and I landed at midnight at LAX with a new appreciation for direct flights.
After a long flight from Lihue to San Fran and a plane change to LAX the M.M.M came to be. (major mom maneuvering). How was I going to get two sleeping children, three carry on bags and a hand bag off the plane. Not to mention a stop at baggage claim to pick up two 50 pound pieces of luggage and the car seat.

Waking Sienna was not an option, unless I was ready to replay a scene from the movie The Exorcist, and getting Tristan to help carry a bag at this stage of exhaustion would also be asking a little too much. Thus M.M.M...

As I waited for everyone else to depart an agent called from the front asking if anyone needed a wheel chair. Ha ha ! Were they serious? Uhhh I guess not. I was the last one on so my reply was yes... I guess they thought I was joking. Did I not look as if a wheel chair would be the perfect solution to my dilemma . I thought so , but off went the wheel chair leaving me to deal with this on my own.

Baby Pack on , sleeping baby in, Tristan awake and on his own , one... two.. three... four ..bags check, and I still get the exorcist moment. Sienna broke into a ten minute long tirade of I want Daddy Daddy daddy..DADDYYYYY... At any moment I was expecting security to appear and ask if this was my child. Instead the pilot and the flight crew got a kick out of my silent torment. They asked if I was from here. "No we just left Hawaii"
There reply was , "That explains it" I was too relaxed and with all the chaos, they couldn't believe I still had a smile on my face.

Welcome to Los Angeles...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Sails are Flying and Fresh Fish Dinner

Home Again!

Season of Change